Sunday, May 5, 2024

8 May - What's in a Name? Le Prenom

 

I watched the film, Le Prenom, a short while ago and fell in  love with it - an unusual situation as I don't often feel so passionate about (Belgian)French films!


And then a friend told me that the text exists in English!  Hurrah!  


As a result of this (and the aforementioned friend being the person behind ETCetera theatre group) I will be directing Le Prenom for next April in English and French.  I am hoping that this will be good for my French as well as providing Brussels with a good version of this "interesting" play.


Le Prenom / What's in a Name

 by Alexandre de La Patellière & Matthieu Delaporte

 

Vincent is about to become a father. At a meeting with childhood friends he announces the name for his future son. The scandalous name ignites a discussion which surfaces unpleasant matters from the past of the group.

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment